Well, there’s not a lot to say today, so here’s a list of interesting things.
1. J got a good case of THE GOUT again. He’s been controlling it with diet really well, but the Gatorade snuck up on us. Apparently sugary drinks can bring on an attack, and since he was sick for about a week, he had a week’s worth of Gatorade in his system. Now I know THE GOUT is a painful thing, but I’m not one to be big on the whole sympathy/empathy/compassion part of loved ones being sick. (Maybe it’s because mom started making me clean up my own vomit right around the age of 12 or so. Good ol’ responsibility.) So I’ve never been one to really “believe” J when he tells me it hurts. Yeah, I know it hurts. So does my migraine. And this baby. And being a woman. But I was talking to my sister Jo yesterday, and she was telling me about a conversation with a doctor friend of hers who said THE GOUT is one of the most painful things one can experience in life. He said it’s right up there with kidney stones and (of all things) labor pains. (!!!) So I guess I need to be more sympathetic/empathetic/compassionate since I’m expecting him to do the same for me in the delivery room.
2. Number one was really wordy. I don’t think the other things on this list will be as lengthy, so everyone breathe a big sigh of relief. But I make no guarantees…
3. I ate some candy corn. It is my favorite fall treat. Don’t judge me.
4. Sister Jo, will you please make these MUFFINS for me? You are, after all, the baker of the family.
5. Now that we are on the subject of food, Grandma Hodgkiss, I would really like you to make some of your homemade bran muffins when you come see us! And Grandma Erickson, your homemade peanut brittle is a holiday necessity, so please make some when you come visit! Glad I got those food requests out of the way. 🙂
6. 24 days to go. Twenty-four. The big 2-4. And suddenly I’m rushed back to the realization that it may be more like 24 + 14 = 38. Oh Lord, please no and don’t let it be.
7. And that reminds me, we are so not ready to have this baby yet. The car seat is not installed. My hospital bag has not even begun to pack itself. The nursery looks like a tornado went through it. I have washed 3.5 outfits and 1 changing pad cover for baby, but not a single sheet or blanket. And I don’t think we have any baby wipes yet. Yeah, that’s a problem.
And seven is a great number to end up at. So I will end it there. (Is anyone still reading this?) Hope you have a fantastic day!